Today is Spinach Day
It’s not just Popeye who will be strong to the finish on Spinach Day, but everyone who chooses to celebrate the day by consuming some of this leafy green plant will get to join in the health benefits as well! Packed with nutrients such as Iron, Vitamin A and Calcium, spinach is known for being a healthy part of a balanced diet – but do we eat enough of it? If not, why not try a new recipe on Spinach Day? Sauté it in olive oil and a little bit of garlic – or what about a baby spinach salad with mozzarella cheese, avocado slices and crispy bacon crumbled on top? Delicious! You can purée spinach up and hide it in soups and pizza sauces for the finicky eaters in your life who might not eat it straight up. So, no excuses – get your leafy greens down you on Spinach Day! read more…
Celebrate it with our daily word search puzzle – Food Word Search!
Food and Nutrition Word Search puzzle
These words are the main nutrients in food, the foods from different food groups and some dietary terms in the Word Search Battle.
- Play online or download and print
- Multiple difficulties to test your skills
- Find up to 23 words all related to all kinds of creatures in the Food and Nutrition
- Challenge friends online or play alone
- Create your own avatar and username to track your best scores