Today is National Bean Day
National Bean Day. Because National Bean Day on January 6 falls in the middle of winter, it’s the perfect excuse to cook a favorite comfort food. Wondering why National Bean Day is held on January 6? That’s the same day as the famous geneticist, Gregor Mendel, died in 1884. Mendel used bean plants and pea plants to develop theories on genetics in plants. So the formation of National Bean Day has more to do with scientific development than how good bean recipes taste. But don’t let that deter you from enjoying eating beans on this holiday! read more…
Celebrate it with our daily word search puzzle – Food Word Search!
Beans Word Search puzzle
A word search game on the most common types of beans.
- Play online or download and print
- Multiple difficulties to test your skills
- Find up to 23 words all related to Beans
- Challenge friends online or play alone
- Create your own avatar and username to track your best scores